Our ultimate goal is to serve our patients with the finest pediatric care possible from birth to adulthood by providing comprehensive, individualized, and advanced healthcare services.
At Edge Pediatrics, we have always wanted to help others and uplift the community. Our vision to help parents in raising a bright future for their children inspires us to fulfill our dreams as a pediatric group.
Edge Pediatrics has fundamental values that form the foundation of our practice and pediatric culture:
- Innovation. We welcome change and continually seek better, more efficient ways to achieve our goals.
- Teamwork. We believe in the continuity of care and collaborate with shared knowledge to benefit patients and fellow caregivers for the advancement of our mission.
- Integrity. We adhere to professional standards by a commitment to honesty, confidentiality, trust, respect, and transparency.
- Compassion. We demonstrate our commitment to exceptional care by providing a caring and supportive environment for our patients, families, and fellow caregivers.
Who We Are
Edge Pediatrics strives to provide excellent pediatrics in Greenbelt, Maryland with a child-friendly and comfortable environment. Our office is established in a convenient location and available at convenient hours. Our practices are dedicated to providing families with quality care by assuring that each patient receives one-on-one attention and specialized care. We accomplish this standard through close collaboration between our staff, our patients, and their families. Our physicians and staff are recognized for compassion, experience, knowledge, and commitment to excellence in pediatric care.
About our Doctor
Dr. Obinna Melvin Ego-Osuala, MD grew up in Prince George’s County. Dr. Ego-Osuala (known by most of his patients as Dr. Melvin) graduated from Eleanor Roosevelt High School located in Greenbelt, MD. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Physiology Neurobiology from the University of Maryland-College Park. From there, he went on to earn his Doctor of Medicine degree from Ross University School of Medicine. Dr. Melvin completed his residency in pediatrics at The Brooklyn Hospital Center, a Mount Sinai affiliated Hospital in Brooklyn, NY.
Prior to pursuing his residency in pediatrics, Dr. Melvin was a research fellow at New York University-Langone. His research primarily focused on pancreatic inflammation and oncology. In addition to this, Dr. Melvin has publications in many accredited peer-review journals in cancer immunology. Dr. Melvin brings his sound clinical knowledge and compassion in childcare back home to serve both Prince George’s County and Montgomery County. He provides a vast range of child-health services and well-child visits, including vaccinations, mental health evaluations and in office procedures. Dr. Melvin firmly believes in a family-centered practice model and optimizing care for his community from birth into young adulthood by using evidence based medicine. It is important to him that he provide excellent care and information to his patients and to their parents. In addition to working in outpatient pediatric care, Dr. Melvin has worked in the pediatric emergency department at Franklin Square Medical Center (MedStar) in Baltimore, MD and currently covers the pediatric emergency department for Howard County General Hospital-Johns Hopkins Medicine in Columbia, MD.
When he is not in the office or pediatric emergency department, Dr. Melvin enjoys going to church, engaging in community activities and spending time with his wife Nina and family. Dr. Melvin also likes to spend his time working out, and living a healthy lifestyle, which is something he encourages his adolescent patients to do as well.
- Our physicians are affiliated with Washington Adventist Hospital, University of Maryland Capital Region Health and Howard Country General Hospital-Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- We also have a strong relationship with Children’s National Medical Center and often refer our patients who need specialty care to the specialists at Children’s Hospital.
Get in Touch
Let us be the pediatricians of your choice. From minor to major health issues, we make sure to address them all. For inquiries, please feel free to reach us at your preferred time.